John Cartmell

Default Time capsule -- anyone ever done one?

In article t,
Chip wrote:
On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 18:19:35 +0100,it is alleged that Andy Dingley
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:34:04 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

The 3" floppies I know used CP/M.

Really? What were they on ? The only 3" I've seen were the Amstrad
wordprocessor and the odd Japanese palmtop. I don't even recall a CP/M
system with 3 1/2" disks.

The Einstein also had 3" drives, but that was some guy who'd bought a
warehouse full of bankrupt stock trying to add disks to them to make
them sell better. I have a feeling this was actually the same guy who
later started Time computers?

Amstrad CPC 6128s and so forth had CP/M on 3 inch amsoft floppies.

Many conflicting formats on those, zx spectrum +3 dos, cp/m,
proprietory word processor formats etc.

Was it just me or were those drives so hideously unreliable it wasn't
worth bothering?

Never had one fail! ;-)

I did add a 3.5" drive to my Amstrad PCW 8256+ because of the cost of the 3"
discs.