John Cartmell

Default Time capsule -- anyone ever done one?

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:
On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:34:04 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

The 3" floppies I know used CP/M.

Really? What were they on ? The only 3" I've seen were the Amstrad
wordprocessor and the odd Japanese palmtop. I don't even recall a CP/M
system with 3 1/2" disks.

Amstrad used CP/M for the CPC 646 and the PCW 8256 series. The 'wordprocessor'
had a vast arrange of software available for it including databases,
spreadsheets, dtp programs, graphics design, games, and numerous programming
applications because of the CP/M OS. LocoScript was the odd one out running
something rather odd on top of/beside the CP/M.

The Einstein also had 3" drives, but that was some guy who'd bought a
warehouse full of bankrupt stock trying to add disks to them to make
them sell better. I have a feeling this was actually the same guy who
later started Time computers?