John Rumm

Default Time capsule -- anyone ever done one?

Andy Dingley wrote:

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:34:04 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

The 3" floppies I know used CP/M.

Really? What were they on ? The only 3" I've seen were the Amstrad
wordprocessor and the odd Japanese palmtop. I don't even recall a CP/M
system with 3 1/2" disks.

The 8256 and 8512 both had CP/M 3 (i.e. banked memory environment)
supplied - you could boot that or boot directly into the supplied
loco-script.

For a (could be when it felt like it) CP/M system that used 3 1/2" disks
I suppose you could count the Commodore 128 and 128D when equiped with a
1581 external 3.5" drive.

The Einstein also had 3" drives, but that was some guy who'd bought a
warehouse full of bankrupt stock trying to add disks to them to make
them sell better. I have a feeling this was actually the same guy who
later started Time computers?

Time pre Granville technology I presume? (i.e. before they went tits up
the first time).

--
Cheers,

John.