raden

Default Time capsule -- anyone ever done one?

In message , Huge
writes
raden writes:
In message , Huge
writes
raden writes:
In message ,
"dennis@home" writes

[16 lines snipped]

You didn't really pay attention there did you ?

As long as you have 'lektrik, all you need to do is plug it in and
switch it on, the standards, obsolete or not, are internal to the
computer and as long as the electronics still works will be quite
readable

So, here's an 8" floppy, get the data off it for me, will you?

I have to say that I've never seen a laptop with an 8" floppy in it

Selective snipping, dontchya lurve it ?

What's selective about "As long as you have 'lektrik, all you need to
do is plug it in". I can only conclude that you don't know what you're
talking about.

What else do you need to do with a laptop other than plug it in, switch
it on and wait for it to boot up?

.... assuming that nothing's failed in the meantime

--
geoff