SteveB

Default winter use of cottage?

"Some1" wrote in message
I just purchased a cottage in Northern Ontario, and would like to use it at
times in the winter.
The water pump is down by the lake, and I've seen a system a long time ago
that self prime's the pump, so that you only flick the switch to get the
water going again.
I realise that I would still have to drain all the water lines when I
leave.
Would some one here know about this or other systems, like the inline
water heaters?
Thanks to all.

--

Got a cabin in Utah. Same thing. Water is turned off from the supply from
Oct1 to Mar1. During that time, you have to take in water in containers. I

Adjustments have to be made for winter. Depending on your cabin, you could
make a delivery system, but you would have to do it where the pipes could
not freeze. Not a simple thing.

Your line from the lake is most likely frozen solid and under two feet of
snow during the winter. You wouldn't be able to use lake water even if you
could run the pump.

Check with others in the area and see what they do.

Steve