DanG

Default Drilling holes Correcting mistakes in hole locations

You don't say how much you missed by. A tapered rotary file can
probably fix your problem. A good sharp drill bit in the drill
press will deflect, but will usually let you gain a little.

Typical disclaimer:
You know you're not supposed to side load the drill press chuck,
it is not a mill. Some of us who do not own mills have been known
to do so.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Fred" wrote in message
Drilling 1/4" holes on a 1/8" thick mild steel plate on a floor
drill press but a few of the holes were off. Try to corrected it
on my drill press to widen the holes with the same 1/4" drill
bit the bid just deflected from side pressure. I do not want to
use a larger bit since it will make the holes too large. I then
try to corrected it with a Dremel with one of those small
cylindrical grinding stone attached to a 1/8" shaft to get in
the 1/4" hole but the grinding stone only lasted about 10
seconds before disintegrated. So what is the right tool/method
just to widen those holes on one side?