John Cartmell

Default I smashed my window. Urgent help/advice needed

In article ,
Rob Morley wrote:
In article .com,
says...
Please can you help....

I rent a central London apartment.

I was adjusting the window restrictor. I took some screws out .. I
wasn't able to put them back in.

Anyway.. the window came out of the frame (crashing down in my room,
smashing some of my equipment). No one was hurt thankfully.

1. Can I buy something to put in the gap in the wall (large sheet of
plastic) (until window is fixed)

2. Does insurance cover this type of damage? (i'm not bothered about my
smashed equipment - just the window)

- Window frame is:
114cm high,
100cm wide

It's totally my fault. I am an absoulte moron - I know. It's sunday ...
what's my best bet?

Get a couple of 2.14m+ lengths of 2x1 timber and a sheet of heavy clear
polythene. Cut the timber to length so it wedges tightly against the
frame, and use it to hold the polythene in place (supplement with a few
tacks/staples to keep the tension even so it stays flat).

He's three floors up and mucks about with things so they fall apart. Shouldn't
someone warn him about temporary constructions that fall three floors onto
someone's head?

Qercus magazine FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527
www.finnybank.com