Mikepier

Default Installing sump pump question

I probably should have asked this question first. Does the water in my
old well pipe represent what my water table actually is? If not, thats
great, then at least I can dig the entire 2 feet. I guess I will not
know until I start digging.
During the flood, the water in my pipe was 2 " above the basement
floor. But the most water I saw was about an inch on the floor only in
the corners. There was nothing in the middle of the floor. The water
did not recede until I saw the water in the pipe go below the floor
line. So thats why I figured it could actually be the water table, but
I could be wrong.