harold balls

Default Auto Display Lamps?

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 01:45:51 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
I should clarify my reference to "solid state lamps." These are not
simply LEDs, but led-based drop-in replacements for incandescent lamps.
They are designed to run on typical lamp voltages, usually from 6-30V.
You can find them in the DK catalog.

Be warned, though, that they are priced a little different from lamps.

I haven't looked lately but the ones I've seen were priced at the ridiculous
level, LEDs are not exactly new or expensive devices, and the LED lamps are
little more than a plastic shell with some LEDs and an appropriate dropping
resistor.

Matt,
Great info! yes the blue plastic is a condom. One of the lamps
were still working and I measured the voltage across it. It was about
10.5 volts. thanks again!