Default I smashed my window. Urgent help/advice needed

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
wrote:
Please can you help....

I rent a central London apartment.

I was adjusting the window restrictor. I took some screws out .. I
wasn't able to put them back in.

Anyway.. the window came out of the frame (crashing down in my room,
smashing some of my equipment). No one was hurt thankfully.

1. Can I buy something to put in the gap in the wall (large sheet of
plastic) (until window is fixed)

2. Does insurance cover this type of damage? (i'm not bothered about
my smashed equipment - just the window)

- Window frame is:
114cm high,
100cm wide

It's totally my fault. I am an absoulte moron - I know. It's sunday
... what's my best bet?

Wow! that's going to cosat a bit in perspex?

Phone police tell them three youths have just thrown bricks at window
they'll log it down, your landlord will replace it through his insurance.
:-)

p.s go and find a half an house brick. lol

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Thanks

But I'm in inner courtyard (public can't get in) and there are CCTV
Cameras

I'm a student and can't really afford to pay for a professional to
come and glaze it up.

Just done a search on B & Q Website and tfl.gov.uk - can't make it
there before closing time (16.00) today.

Hmm.. may just hope no-one notices and just get cold.

Somewhere must sell ... sheet of plastic.... crude I know but at least
it'll keep the birds/insects out...