LRod

Default Floating Hardwood floor (Tips?)

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:58:24 -0400, "Amy L."
wrote:

[4] Any tips on when cutting end pieces to fit keep the splintering to a
minimum? I have been using a pretty good blade (100T 12inch) and going
slow and this has been working good, but occasionally I do get a bit of a
rough edge.

How is this a problem with end cuts? Just how much splintering are you
going to get that won't be hidden by the base and quarter round or
transitional T-pieces or nosing at the perimeter of the job?

100% of it is covered so far. I am not sure if any of it will be exposed.
However, I know this will sound dumb, but even though it is hidden I still
would like to keep it hidden. I guess one of my concerns is that maybe the
splintering could cause cracks down the surface of the board with the
changes in season.

Engineered flooring (or most any floating flooring) is like a plywood.
There is some sort of substrate involved in addition to the money
layer. That means cracks shouldn't be a problem, and in any event, any
splintering you might get is going to be superficial, and in most
cases extremely fragile. It can't "cause" anything.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net