Richard Kanarek

Default Brake Fluid - Alternative Use?

Thanks for the reply.

AFAIK, contaminated motor oil is not only non-recyclable, but it makes
the oil it's mixed with non-recyclable, too. By non-recyclable, I
don't mean to suggest that it might be refused at the filling station
(although there was one guy at a Jiffy Lube who would sniff used oil
before accepting it, may he rest in peace g), but that it will just
muck-(no pun)-up things up later.

Of course, I'm not saying that brake fluid tainted used motor oil is
"contaminated" -- perhaps brake fluid is a swell and recyclable
additive? -- but I'd prefer not to take the chance.

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 02:07:48 GMT, "Rudy"
wrote:

I asked at my local gas station, and they had no
idea what to do with used brake fluid!

Dump it in with your "used" when you do an oil change, then drop it off at
the recyclers.