Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Default Time capsule -- anyone ever done one?

Ian Stirling wrote:
Mike Gayler wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:25:28 +0100, Sim D. on@request wrote:

Doing a bit of minor outside work and it presents the perfect
opportunity to bury a time capsule. Something I've always wanted to
do since seeing Blue Peter's abortive efforts as a kid in the 70s.

It occurs to me with all this talk of lead lined boxes et al, that
the finder needs to know that it is a time capsule, and have a
method of opening it!

One solution would be to use a 24k gold box, TIG welded together.

Inside a 6' square reinforced concrete vault. With a 1000 year "Here I am"
beacon inside.

Si