Bob Martin

Default Prolong the life of your sink and basin taps - by many many years!

in 457733 20051016 000333 Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember (AL) saying
something like:

On 15 Oct 2005 08:06:11 -0700,
wrote:

Fitted plenty of taps, changed plenty of washers but I've never had to
re-seat or change a worn out tap in my life - they last forever AFAIK -
or until butchered by DIYer with stillsons or footprints. Could this be
a soft-water area problem only?

I (the OP) am in a very-hard-water area. I think that is definitely a
factor.

Same here, and it's a chronic problem in this area.

Be grateful - soft water is bad for your heart!