Dr. Hardcrab

Default Furnace left soot on my walls

"mm" wrote in message
When my furnace was working badly (the flue was clogged with soot, and
only about a 2 inch diameter open), it got soot on the walls,
especially where there were air currents and especially where the
sheet rock was nailed to the wall in the big bedroom**

As suggested last year, I put cloves in the fire, but didn't smell any
cloves coming out of the furnace. That is supposed to mean that the
firebox is ok, a complete separation between the fire and the forced
air.

So how did the soot get on the walls, especially where the hot air
vents are in the walls or floor or ceiling?

Is the firebox breached even though I don't smell the cloves.

I mean no offense, but:

Sounds like you don't get regular maintenance on your furnace (if you had,
you wouldn't have a clogged flue).

Have someone come out and clean it and check it over real good.

Eff the cloves! If you are trusting that with your life, you had better
think again.....