Stormin Mormon

Default door latch alignment on striker plate

You can either call a locksmith, or you can just put up with it for the rest
of your life.

You're sunk, Mr. Battleship. Fold down the lid of the game, and go to bed.
Remember to brush your teeth.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"John Keith" wrote in message
I have a door that, due to structure settling, the latch no longer
enters the hole in the stirker plate on the jamb. In the past I've
been able to enlarge the hole in the striker plate and everything fits
again. But what remedy is there when another 1/16" is needed? Due to
the hole in the wood jamb for the latch it is not easy to just
relocate the striker plate since there is no place to put the screws
in. By the way, resquaring the jamb and/or remounting the door is not
an option at this time.

John Keith