James Sweet

Default Toshiba Laptop, dead screen, LCD power supply question

"Markus" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have a Toshiba Satellite that the LCD display has gone out, looks
like the florescent tube, screen looks like it is displaying, very
dim.... I removed the 4 screws around the corner of the bezel and
popped it loose, that gave me access to the LCD screen and the High
Voltage power supply for the screen light. It looks like it got a
little warm about mid way on the H0504532 (U2) IC Chip, 8 pin SMT and
I found the fuse open on this same PCB. I was wondering if, perhaps,
the fuse just let go, looks like a 1 or 2 amp fuse element, can't
really see the number on it, kind of looks F0 (it is a surface mount
fuse). I have fixed a couple of the flat screens by only replacing
the fuse and checking and replacing any toasted caps. I was wondering
if, these Toshiba laptops have that same type of failure.

Thanks in advance,

Markus

Replace the fuse, 2A is the largest I'd go. If it blows again then something
else is wrong.