Amy L.

Default Floating Hardwood floor (Tips?)

Use less glue. You realy need very little for a good bond so practic on
justhow muc of a bead to lay donw on the edge.

This will def. take practice - as I have no real idea on how much is too
much or too little. I would hate to not use enough and have issues with
that..

[2] Any tips on cutting around door edges or vents in the floor for
heat/ac?

When you say door edges, do you mean the trim? Did you cut the bottom fo
the trim with an offset saw? Makes life much easier.

I removed the molding in the whole room and bought a dovetail saw to cut off
the bottom of the wood that trims the inside threshold between the rooms so
the floor would fit nicely under it. So I take it I am on the right track
here.

Take your time with the details and it will look good and you'll get a lot
of satisfaction from a job well done.

One of my friends had an installer do there install. It took the installers
probably 3-4 hours to slam in 250sq feet. That's just amazing... In 4
hours I had 4 rows of 3 1/2" flooring with only 30 more rows to go...

Amy