Amy L.

Default Floating Hardwood floor (Tips?)

[4] Any tips on when cutting end pieces to fit keep the splintering to a
minimum? I have been using a pretty good blade (100T 12inch) and going
slow and this has been working good, but occasionally I do get a bit of a
rough edge.

How is this a problem with end cuts? Just how much splintering are you
going to get that won't be hidden by the base and quarter round or
transitional T-pieces or nosing at the perimeter of the job?

100% of it is covered so far. I am not sure if any of it will be exposed.
However, I know this will sound dumb, but even though it is hidden I still
would like to keep it hidden. I guess one of my concerns is that maybe the
splintering could cause cracks down the surface of the board with the
changes in season.

Amy