Unquestionably Confused

Default Floating Hardwood floor (Tips?)

Amy L. wrote:
I am laying (floating) an engineered hardwood floor and so far its been

[1] Glue - when the excess glue pops out between the joints what do you use
to clean it up? I am using a damp cloth and it works well, but I feel like
I am spending too much time ensuring there is no glue showing between the
boards. The flooring has beveled edges so I usually run my nail along the
edge making sure it is absolutely clean.

Small block of wood? Run a corner of it wrapped with a single layer of
wet t-shirt or old cotton shirt along the beveled joint.

[3] Any tips on momentum - I would love to pick up some speed but it just
seems like a slow process.

Install it the way you want to install it - a quality job. It takes as
long as it takes. Haste makes waste.

[4] Any tips on when cutting end pieces to fit keep the splintering to a
minimum? I have been using a pretty good blade (100T 12inch) and going slow
and this has been working good, but occasionally I do get a bit of a rough
edge.

How is this a problem with end cuts? Just how much splintering are you
going to get that won't be hidden by the base and quarter round or
transitional T-pieces or nosing at the perimeter of the job?

I know some of those are basic questions and that putting in a floating
floor is not rocket science, but with putting in my own (first) floor I just
want to do the best job I can.

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Take your time and by the time
you're done, you'll have a good floor and the knowledge to take any
shortcuts on the NEXT floor you installg