evodawg

Default Crown molding cut, 70* Cut how?

MLD wrote:

"evodawg" wrote in message
news:KY94f.5063$2Y2.3783@trnddc05...
I have a crown molding cut to make that I just can't figure out how to

make.
It's a 140 degree inside left inside right. So the miter saw has to be
set to 70 degrees. How do I cut this with a miter saw that only handles
50 degrees at most. The crown is a 6" 45* spring angle. I have no problem

with
crown that is 50* or less but just can't figure out how to make this cut!

Thanks in advance,
Rich

--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Instead of trying to make a miter cut you can do it by hand with a coping
saw. One piece goes flat against the wall and the other is "coped" so
that when they fit together you can't tell the difference between it and a
bon-a-fide miter joint. I don't want to leave you hanging, I can do it,
but I don't think that I can do a good job of explaining how to do it.
Hope some on jumps in and describes it for you.
MLD

I never cope crown, I always miter it. I do cope base molding though. So
there is no need to explain how to cope. You can't even see the joint when
I put the two together using the compound miter joint.

Rich
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"