DanG

Default New roof - what to install for antenna mast?

Are you planning on fastening the heavy pipe down through the roof
and tie it in strong enough to be a rigid pole holder or were you
planning to use guy wires on the antenna?

Try to avoid using guy wires if you can which will necessitate
holes in a new roof or setting pitch pans.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Dan_Musicant" wrote in message
I'm having my roof completely removed and a new composite
shingle roof
installed in a week. Right now I have one of my two TV antenna's
masts
lashed to a vent that I'm going to have removed during the
roofing job
(it isn't used). While the roof materials have been removed to
the skip
sheathing I figure is the time to install something to which I
can
either attach the antenna directly or attach the antenna's mast,
which
is a standard antenna mast, about 8 feet long. A friend has
suggested a
piece of galvanized pipe, capped at the top. Is this the best
solution?
Thanks for any ideas.

Dan