DanG

Default Tv Antenna On Flat Roof- Advice needed

The square metal thingies are called pitch pans. Basically, there
will be a lag bolt or lag eye with the guy wire attached buried
down in that tar. They make the connection and literally fill up
the pitch pan with hot tar. The pitch pan was probably nailed to
the decking and hot mopped in.

To replace the antenna, your choices will be try to reuse or
extend the existing guy wires and adapt to the existing pole (cut
off above the pitch pan and couple on the new antenna pole) or to
have a roofer set new pitch pans, you set new equipment, he comes
back to fill pitch pans. You can leave the originals or remove
and reshingle as you see fit.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi. I live in suburban detroit, michigan. I am trying to
replace the
tripod and lead in wire for our roof-top tv antenna. I am
wondering if
anyone can tell me how this was put together. go to
www.picturetrail.com/wh349055 and look at the pictures.
Basically,
when the roofers put on a new tar and gravel roof, they used
these
square metal things to support the tripod. Do these attach to
something under the tar? Thanks, Warren.