Dan_Musicant

Default New roof - what to install for antenna mast?

I'm having my roof completely removed and a new composite shingle roof
installed in a week. Right now I have one of my two TV antenna's masts
lashed to a vent that I'm going to have removed during the roofing job
(it isn't used). While the roof materials have been removed to the skip
sheathing I figure is the time to install something to which I can
either attach the antenna directly or attach the antenna's mast, which
is a standard antenna mast, about 8 feet long. A friend has suggested a
piece of galvanized pipe, capped at the top. Is this the best solution?
Thanks for any ideas.

Dan