Edwin Pawlowski

Default Thermally efficient windows

"mike hide" wrote in message
Currently we have stanley singly pane windows with aluminum frames, has to
be one of the worst windows ever made as far as efficient heat/cool
control.

So what i am looking for is the ins and outs of making windows that
incorporate the latest energy technology. Any sources of this info or tips
from readers in this group would be appreciated ......mjh

I'd start out by making a trip to the local home center, taking a notepad,
of course. Some of the brochures will even give you some of the
construction details, although, no dimensions.

Making a basic frame is probably not a big deal, but I see some windows have
extruded materials used for gaskets between the sashes. There are
replacement side panels intended for repairs of older windows that may be
suitable for your replacements.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/