jim rozen

Default Care and feeding of new mill-drill

In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

... I have the back (fixed) jaw of my vise drilled
and tapped 1/4-20 for setting various stops,

This is why the vises in the shop at work often tend to have the
little oblong tab washer hung off the back.

Actually I purchased an inexepensive clamp-on stop that fits
B'port vise jaws very securely. It fits onto the edge that
protrudes up, and goes on with a setscrew that really ties
it down tight.

It has a short dowel pin that sticks out each side to actually
locate against, so it can be used right- or left-handed.
Can't imagine getting along without something like that for
repetitive operations.

Jim

please reply to: