Norminn

Default how to establish natural convection with heater and stairwell?

dfdelprete wrote:
My floorplan is basically 16 x 22, two floors. The heater is on the
first floor 12' from the stairwell which is drafting all the heat up
to the second floor. If I put a large vent in the floor above the
heater will the heat draw up through the vent reversing the airflow so
the stairwell acts as a return creating a natural convection pattern?

Have you considered a ceiling fan at the top? Might keep air
circulating better and the temps more consistent.