Norminn

Default Caulking windows

Richard and Tracy Lambour wrote:
I'd like to caulk my windows to eliminate drafts this winter (they're old,
and I have no $ to replace them). I'd like to do this on the interior so I
don't have to remove all of my storm windows and spend days on the end of my
extension ladder. Will plain silicone caulk be useful or is there a
special/better product to do this? Thanks in advance.

RLL

If you are able and fit, a trip up the ladder may be part of the cure.
Caulking around window frames can be quite effective in lowering heating
bills; check doors and other openings in outer walls (pipe entries,
etc.) Depending on the type of window, you may need weatherstripping or
reglazing. Need more info about your setup.