Alex Bird

Default ?Suggest UK source for these audio power and driver transistors?

Arfa Daily wrote:

www.grandata.co.uk have all three. Good company.

Great, cheap too!

I've just been reading a few threads about counterfeit transistors. Is
this a problem in the UK?

If your output TRs have failed, make sure that the low value emitter
resistors have not gone open circuit also

I've tidied it away for now, but would that be one 'designed' to blow,
about 1cm off the board ? I can't remember the actual circuit.
Runs fine with transistors from the other channel. I've a feeling I'll
need to adjust the bias, any FAQs on that ? They didn't seem to get
warm when idling, does this mean bias is 'ok' ?

Thanks!
Alex