Mungo Henning

Default Chipboard grades

zaax wrote in message ...
In article , Arthur
writes
I have 8' x 4' sheet of ordinary chipboard.
I presume thats its not wet treated and does not have T/G edges.
Is it good enough to use as flooring if I cut it so the ends lay on the
joists?

Builders don't even do that

There are *lots* of things that builders dont do on other people's properties
that they would do on their own.
Cutting the lengths so that joints are on top of joists is, IMHO, a good thing.

Similarly with wiring- I try and install three-core-plus-earth in lighting
circuits because it can make life so easy when you need to change the
switching arrangement.

Adding in isolation valves in plumbing can be a godsend too.

There is (of course) a limit to these "contingency" items, but taking a little
extra time to ensure that the joints are over joists is very worthwhile in
my book.

Mungo