Dave Plowman (News)

Default Has anyone heard of putting an asphalt roof on a block and beam construction?

In article ,
Howie wrote:
I have been advised to do this as I may want to tile or turf over
the top in the future.

I've got a roof terrace which is a conversion from the original sloping
tiled roof and it is asphalt on a plywood over joists construction. GRP
reinforced concrete 'promenade' tiles on top. The exposed upstands of the
asphalt need to be kept painted with the appropriate white paint to
prevent melting in the sun.

I know nothing about asphalt roofing. It doesn't seem to be a DIY
job as far as I can tell! Has anyone got any advice or
alternatives?

It certainly looked rather a skilled job. ;-)

Dunno about alternatives. This was the only solution offered by the
architect.

--
*Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.