MCP

Default Toshiba 21S04BG Colour TV Service Mode?

"Andrew" wrote in message oups.com...
George

Out of curiousity, are you expecting the service mode to help with the
colour tearing fault we're both experiencing when the set warms up?
Unless you know something I don't, I doubt that this is realistically
going to cure the problem.

That aside, I plan to keep this as my main TV once it's repaired -
perhaps we should club together and buy a .pdf service manual from
Mauritron?

Hi Andrew, No i am working in the dark with this and as the set works fine
most of the time i have not "ripped it apart yet",the fault on my one only seems
to happen after the set has been on for a while,then switched off for an hour or so
and then back on again when then green tinge and tearing appears.This leads me to think it
is probably a heat fault or bad solder joint.I have a service manual for this and will try to scan it
and turn it into a file that i can send on PC.Note i have not done this before so might mess it up ;-)

George