Matt

Default Time capsule -- anyone ever done one?

Ian Stirling wrote:

Sim D. on@request wrote:
Lo all,

Doing a bit of minor outside work and it presents the perfect
opportunity to bury a time capsule. Something I've always wanted to do
since seeing Blue Peter's abortive efforts as a kid in the 70s.

I've a pretty good idea what I want to put in it [see below], but I'm
much less sure about how to preserve the integrity of whatever box I
put it in, and how long the contents will last even if the box stays
leakproof.

I'd go with nice old-fashioned stuff.
Lead roofing sheet box, welded seams, dipped in pitch, and several layers.
Put in a polyproplylene bucket, filled with wax.

The only suggestion so far for an outer casing that IMHO stands any
chance of lasting!