Rhino

Default Maintaining VCT Tile

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message

"Rhino" wrote in message
. ..
I just had a new VCT tile floor laid (professionally) today; the
superintendent is applying a sealer tomorrow.

I asked the installer what maintenance I would have to do on the new

floor
and he said I should wax it regularly but when I asked him what type of
wax
to use and how often to apply it, he shrugged and said he didn't know;

he
only installed floors but didn't get involved with the maintenance side

of
things. I found this a bit suprising - he said he'd learned floor
installing
from his dad, who had 33 years in the business - but thought I'd ask

here
for any advice on the proper way of maintaining this floor.

I should mention that I am renting so I really don't want to spend a lot
of
time or money on maintaining this floor but I'd be willing to do a bit

if
it
makes a dramatic difference in the life of the floor.

--
Rhino

http://experts.about.com/q/1621/3710070.htm

Unfortunately, this only talks about an initial sealing after the floor is
laid which, as I've said, is going to happen tomorrow morning.

Does anyone know if I have to do any further periodic maintenance of the
floor? For instance, do I have to reseal it periodically or is the initial
sealing going to last the life of the floor? How should I clean the floor
when it gets dirt and spills on it? Are there any particular cleaners or
cleaning tools I should use or avoid?

Rhino