Default Kitchen Plumbing - Am I Missing Anything?

I replaced my stainless steel sink about 6 months ago. I had one of
the two bowl models, with one large bowl and one tiny bowl. The tiny
one is supposed to be for the disposal, with the idea that you scrape
off plates into there. However, my disposal was under the main bowl
and the small bowl was just a useless waste of space. First, I usually
just scrape off any plate material into the trash can, not the sink.
And second, I want the disposal under the main bowl, as that is where I
do prep work and wind up with vegetable peels, etc. With the disposal
there, down they go!

So, I went with a Kohler Marsala cast iron model, which is one of the
2/3, 1/3 double bowl models. Additionally, it comes with a single hole
faucet at the divider, and an optional second hole for either hot water
dispenser, detergent dispenser, etc., in the extreme right corner. By
only having two holes strategically placed, it allows the bowls to go
back another couple inchs into what would be unused space at the back.
It also has one very deep 2/3 bowl, and a less deep 1/3 bowl.

IMO, this sink is the ideal std size sink. You have a huge, deep bowl
that can take just about any reasonable kitchen item. Being deep, it
works extremely well with a spray faucet, allowing you to use the
sprayer without blow back. I wasn't even thinking about this when I
went with the deeper sink. But, what a difference. Previously, I had
always used the sprayer gingerly, because water would easily blow back
on you. And the 1/3 bowl, by virute of the fact that it goes way back,
is big enough to be useful. It's excellent for placing a collander for
example. And having it available as a backup is great. For example,
you could have the main one dirty with dishs, scraps from prepping,
etc, and suddenly you need to do something, like the collander, in a
clean sink, so you have it waiting. The sink also has the drains moved
near the back of the sink, where they should be, so that you have more
useable space on the bottom of the sink closer to you. And by keeping
smaller things to the front, there is less chance of them falling into
the disposal than if the drain were in the center.

I also love switching from stainless to cast iron. The white makes the
sink so much brighter and appealing to work over. It's even easier to
see vegetables you may be working on against the white background,
instead of the metal look. Plus, its quieter with the garbage disposal
running.

Regarding the discussion of centering the sink in the window, also keep
in mind that the faucet plays a visible role too. For example, if you
can center the faucet in the window with a particular sink, or come
close to center, then having the sink off an inch or so one way or the
other may be fine. My sink is not centered, its over an inch to the
left of center. With the Marsala being 2/3, 1/3, the faucet winds up
right of center in the sink. So, with the sink to the left, the faucet
to the right, the net result is the faucet is just a little to the
right of center in the window and the whole thing looks great.

I'd get some templates of sinks that are available on the web and make
some cardboard cutouts. That's what I did and it;s the best way to
figure out how the whole thing will look against the window, etc,
before buying it.