The other Thomas Gardner

Default What does heat treatment cost?

Thanks a bunch, Ed. Very, very clear and useful information. I sure
do appreciate it. With one post, you've cleared up more things in my
head than I suspect you realize. Of course, there's still a lot of
clutter up there, but every little bit helps. :-)

Man, there's a tremendous wealth of knowledge in this group.

Thanks,
tg.

Ed Huntress wrote:

Kasenit turns the surface of plain steel or certain low-alloy steels
designed for case-hardening into very high-carbon steel -- plain
[...]
surface for bearings of many kinds but you wouldn't want to try it on a very
thin section that had to flex, or it would crack.

Ed Huntress

--
To reply by mail, remove all lower case letters in my return address
).