Default Okay all you mechanical engineers ...

On 14 Oct 2005 06:04:11 -0700, "DIYGUY" wrote:

... answer me this question. If a caster wheel is rated at a load
carrying capacity (which it is) how is the rating determined? I have a
600# tool I want to put on casters. Does each caster have to be rated
at 600# or can I get four casters, one on each corner, that are each
rated at 150# (or more) load bearing capacity?

This is important because casters with higher load bearing capacity are
much larger and I want to keep the added height of the tool down to the
bare minimum. Thanks all for your answers ...

how smooth is your floor?

think about where the weight goes when one wheel hits a bump.