Steve Peterson

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design - WAS: OT Is George BushDrinking?

I'm back.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Fletis Humplebacker wrote:
wrote:

There are infinitely many ways to invoke God.

A statement to the effect that "This step in evolution can be
explained as the result of intervention by a pre-existing
intelligence.", would be one way to invoke God in the
context of biology.

What would be the next statement? There is no point in looking further for
a natural explanation, none is possible because ...?

IMHO, someone will keep searching, and further explanations will be found.
Gradually, these cases requiring "supernatural" explanation will succumb to
a natural explanation, unless the ID proponents succeed in their real aim of
choking off research. In that case, the US, which has been the leader in
the biological revolution underway, will begin to fall behind India, Japan,
Europe.

More honestly put, the teacher could say that we can't
account for some mechanisms with natural explanations,
even life itself, but we hope to someday. However, there
are some scientists that believe in a purposeful design.

What defintion of "purposeful design" should the teacher give
the class?

--

FF

Steve