Harold and Susan Vordos

Default Care and feeding of new mill-drill

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

What I do is use a wax pencil and make marks on the saddle/table as
reference points,

What?? Pencil marks on the ways?

Careful, Jim. You're putting words in my mouth! g

Nope, not on the ways. On the casting bodies. Simple wax pencil markings
that are wiped off after each setup. That's how we old timers work without
a DRO------which, in my honest opinion, makes a guy a cripple because it
substitutes for skill. Same as a CNC, but on a more limited basis.

Next you will be accepting iron oxide there as well. Tsk.

Chuckle! Like that's going to happen. Hell, I don't even like it on
raw stock.

... Can't tell you how nice it
is to share my experience with someone that is willing to learn instead

of
challenging each and every comment. ...

Ooh. I think I resemble that remark!

:^)

Naw, I'm suggesting teaching the young and willing, not an old dog like you
that has years of experience. You remember that saying about an old dog,
surely! :-)

Jim (who's shop has an inch of water on the floor after getting 14 inches
of rain this past week)

Wow! Very sorry to hear that, Jim. Hope things dry out and there's no
damage done of a serious nature. Be sure to keep us advised as to the
outcome.

Harold (who lives high on a ridge)