Artemia Salina

Default What does heat treatment cost?

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:50:41 +0000, The other Thomas Gardner wrote:

Artemia Salina wrote:

If the heat treating is just for wear resistance have you thought about
case hardening? I don't know much about the commercial process, but
Kasenit doesn't require quenching.

What grade(s) did you have in mind with that statement? The less exotic
I can get on the processing the better, in my book. The less deformation,
the less post treat processing, all that, the better.

It seems that I may have been wrong about this after all. I could
have sworn that I'd read something online about using Kasenit and
not having to quench. I even remember being impressed by that because
it seemed like that would lessen the chance of the parts warping.
Now, as I attempt to look that reference up, I can't seem to find it,
and most discussions of using Kasenit talk about quenching as part
of the process. Disappointing.

So I apologize if I am wrong on that. I should've checked my facts
before posting.