John

Default Back Boiler

"dsnd_medic" wrote in message
ups.com...
A couple of years ago I put oil central heating in my house. I live in
a single story cottage and have run all the piping up and through the
loft as the hot water tank was there and the cottage floor is made from
cement. However as we have a coal fire going nearly everyday in winter
I thought that if I fitted a wrap around back boiler into the hearth,
then it would save me a fortune in oil costs. I now have a good 2nd
hand back boiler but have been told it won't be as easy as I thought to
plumb it into my existing system. I have an open system, ie not
pressurised, My flow and return pipes are 22mm with 15mm pipes being
used to supply all the radiators. Some people say it will work fine if
I just attach the back boiler to the flow and return others say I will
have major problems regulating and dissapating the heat. Will I still
need the circulating pump when the backboiler is being used or can I
rely on purely convection to circulate the water.

Am I making a big mistake or is it a feasable idea......any comments or
tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Andy

google Dunsley Neutraliser