Robertm

Default adding heater to finished second story

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
ashroyer wrote:
I have an old 'story and a half' home with the master bedroom upstairs
in basically what is a finished attic. Currently, the gas heater does
not have any vents up there. I'm needing to run some heat up, but was
thinking I may as well go with electric, since gas is so expensive now
anyway. Has anyone tried Broan Register Heaters?? The room is about
300 square feet and I would just be wanting to warm it up for a few
hours at night and an hour in the morning or so.

Yes the price of gas is up. The price of electricity is also up, but
not as much in most areas. However almost everywhere the cost of gas is
far cheaper per unit of heat produced that electric. With the exception
of a few places with very low eclectic prices (generally gas is not
available) and areas where cooling is more important than heat (think
Florida) and you are talking heat pump, gas is still considerably cheaper.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

My choice in rural Tennessee is propane vs. electric. Propane here is
prohibitively expensive but one must have backup because the electric goes
off if it rains, if the wind blows or if someone is having a bad day. The
plus side is that in exchange for letting the TVA ruin the environment, we
get cheap power.

Bob