Schroeder

Default Black Walnut Grafted to English Walnut Question...

Hopefully someone can help me with this question....

West coast - I have a walnut orchard (abandoned for last 10 years) with 100
or so black walnut trees. As I understand the root stock planted some 80
years ago was BW and then an English walnut grafted on to that to produce
the orchard. Over the years, the trees appear to have reverted to all Black
Walnut. At least that's what they look like, bark, leaves etc...with an
occasional limb that is clearly English Walnut.

So I don't want to mill until I have more info on what I'll get ...Does
anyone have experience with this sort? Anyone know what kind of lumber to
expect from this sort of tree?

(sounds weird I know - but that's what I gots!)

thanks! - Schroeder