The other Thomas Gardner

Default What does heat treatment cost?

Wow! Paul! Thanks a BOATLOAD! That's exactly what I was looking for.

I know it won't be exact, but it gives me something to go by. At least
this way I'll know if someone is trying to give me short end of the stick
or not. I just didn't know what to call reasonable, or what to budget
for. Now I do.

Thanks!

L8r,
tg.

Paul wrote:
A place that where I work uses a lot (near Hartford Ct.) charges $0.65/lb or
$65.00 min. to harden and temper alloy or tool steel. Carborizing and PH
stainless grades are I think $0.75/lb or $75. min.
Paul

--
To reply by mail, remove all lower case letters in my return address
).