The other Thomas Gardner

Default What does heat treatment cost?

Indeed, I was leaning toward a case harden anyway.

Artemia Salina wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 02:05:31 +0000, The other Thomas Gardner wrote:

Yeah, well, I assume I'll have to do some grinding when it comes back.
Another reason why I was (and really, still am) hoping to pick a
material that would be wear resistant enough for the job even without
heat-treatment.

If the heat treating is just for wear resistance have you thought about
case hardening? I don't know much about the commercial process, but
Kasenit doesn't require quenching.

What grade(s) did you have in mind with that statement? The less exotic
I can get on the processing the better, in my book. The less deformation,
the less post treat processing, all that, the better.

Thanks for the input.

L8r,
tg.

--
To reply by mail, remove all lower case letters in my return address
).