Mathew Newton

Default Grrrrr B&Q Grrrrrr

Christian McArdle wrote:
- to cut a long story short they refused to take it back without the
receipt. They turned a minor quality problem into a thoroughly
p*ssed off dissatisfied customer.

Try again when the pillock isn't on duty. They're normally very good at B&Q
returns. I've never been required to produce the receipt, provided I'm
willing to accept vouchers or replacement.

Christian.

Waiting until the busiest times at the weekend can also help - the last
thing the poor guy on returns wants to do is argue the particulars of
what's right and wrong. I've found in these circumstances they're more
concerned with keeping the queue length (not to mention their own
stress levels) down rather than arguing interpretations of the SOGA in
front of a crowd.

Mathew