The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Grrrrr B&Q Grrrrrr

Dave wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Dave wrote:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Paul wrote:

Alex wrote:

Kalico wrote:

Here here. It's unfortunate, but I think they only have a legal
obligation to take it back if you have the reciept.

Receipt or other "proof of purchase".

alex

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/fa...legoodsact.htm

see question 7

Paul

But that only applies if he payed via cheque,credit card, ect.
If he payed with cash then he's up the creek.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

"He" paid by CC but with several other things at the same time,
therefore the CC bill doesn't show the price of the drill.

Dave

There is a way round it and thats buy another drill with receipt a
month later take the old drill back and demand a full refund. :-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Great minds think alike (or fools seldom differ!)
I suggested that to the guy in B&Q last night, he didn't see the irony
and just said "but it wouldn't be the same drill" ... it would be sad
if it weren't so %^&* annoying.

Dave

I knew a bloke that would go to great lenght's if he did not get
satisfaction in returning faulty goods.

His latest was a 'power washer', he like you never retained the receipt so
he went and bought another 'power washer' from the same store took it home
dismantled it and changed the damaged drum(which had cracked at one of the
seams) put it back together with the old drum in the new 'power washer' and
took it back 2 months later demanding a full refund as he told the store
returns bloke that it was the second 'power washer' he'd bought from the
shed and it was giving him the same fault as the one he'd bought 11 months
ago.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite