Rob Morley

Default Grrrrr B&Q Grrrrrr

In article , John49
@mdx.ac.uk says...
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:08:09 +0100, Paul wrote:

Same experience here. I have been know to take stuff back other people
have disposed of because it broken and that shouldn't matter either its
the product that guaranteed not the receipt.

More to the point, as I point out in one of my FAQs, one of the good
things is that under EU regulation, the statutory warranty is *two* years.
One of the ueful things to come out of Brussels.

Except there isn't a "statutory warranty period". A purchased item
should last as long as it can reasonably be expected to last - if it
fails within six months of purchase it is assumed to be faulty unless
the supplier can prove otherwise, after six months it's up to the buyer
to prove fault. There is a statutory limit to the time within which a
claim can be made (6 years in the UK) but that's all.