Doctor Drivel

Default Grrrrr B&Q Grrrrrr

"Dave" wrote in message
Earlier this year I bought a 14.4V PPro drill, the bearings are starting
to get loose and the chuck is a bit wobbly so I decided to take it back
under the 3 year warranty and get a replacement. Unfortunately I
couldn't find the receipt but assumed that this wouldn't be a problem
because it was obviously not very old and seemed to have a date code on
the base of the drill body.

I'd expected them to apologise for my inconvenience and deal with it in
a couple of minutes to get a satisfied customer and move to the next
management issue, instead we spent about an hour trying to find my
transaction in their system - to cut a long story short they refused to
take it back without the receipt. They turned a minor quality problem
into a thoroughly p*ssed off dissatisfied customer.

I'll write to their head office (anyone know the names of the senior
managers?) but what are my rights?

As the drill was used and they can't put it back on the shelf, they need to
know if it is within the 3 years to change it. I see nothing wrong with
that. It could be 4 years old.