Doctor Drivel

Default Megaflow v Thermal Store

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
For this application the thermal store is the perfect choice.

Absolutely, well a heat bank, anyway. I prefer the high flow rates to the
requirement for electricity to get hot water out.

On my Gledhill even when running the bath, the plate only ever gets just
over half of it hot, with the other half very cold. It will deliver about
100kW, so it is delivering about 60kW which is about 25 litre/min in combi
terms at 60C delivery. That fills the bath very fast. Although on mine a
have a bath mixer with TMV reducing the bath temp to 46C. So a tot can't
jump in a bath full of 60C water giving 2nd to 3rd degree burns. This slows
down the flow a bit but still fill fast.

100kW in combi terms is about 45 litres/min.